February 14, 2019 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM EST
Northville, MI - US
General Flow Modeling in CONVERGE
Convergent Science - Detroit
21500 Haggerty Rd.
This one-day course offers an introduction to setting up general flow cases in CONVERGE. CONVERGE is a multi-purpose CFD software that can be used for a wide variety of applications. Do you want to learn how to set up CONVERGE simulations for non-IC engine applications? If so, this general flow course is the one for you! Because CONVERGE has a fully automated meshing process, you do not need to spend any time preparing the volume mesh, which simplifies the surface preparation process.
During this course, you will have plenty of time for hands-on practice in CONVERGE Studio. You will start by working on simple geometries, and move to geometries that are more complex.
Upon the completion of this course, you will know how to:
- Begin a new project in CONVERGE Studio
- Import a surface geometry from a CAD program
- Coarsen the surface triangulation to reduce the computational cost
- Create boundaries
- Manually repair surface defects
- Prepare moving boundaries for motion
- Set up solver parameters and data files
- Set up appropriate boundary and initial conditions
- Set up wall heat transfer modeling and output heat transfer quantities for thermal analysis
- Set up additional modeling options such as turbulence
- Control grid settings throughout the computational domain
- Run CONVERGE and monitor your simulation
- Post-process results in CONVERGE Studio
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THIS COURSE
This course is intended for new users to CONVERGE and CONVERGE Studio. This course can also be used as a refresher for experienced or occasional users of previous versions of CONVERGE and CONVERGE Studio.