November 20–21, 2019 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM IST
Baner, Pune, Maharashtra - IN
Internal Combustion Engine Modeling in CONVERGE
Convergent Science India, LLP
Office #701, Supreme Headquarters, Mumbai-Bangalore Highway
Baner, Pune, Maharashtra
This two-day course offers an introduction to CONVERGE for internal combustion (IC) engine modeling. You will learn about the CONVERGE solver and modeling options while working through a typical IC engine case from start to finish. Because CONVERGE has a completely automated meshing process, you do not need to spend any time preparing the volume mesh, which simplifies the case setup process.
During this course, you will have plenty of time for hands-on practice in CONVERGE Studio. You will practice preparing the surface and setting up the case for several types of IC engines (including diesel, PFI spark-ignited and multi-fuel premixed).
Upon the completion of this course, you will know how to:
- Set up solver parameters and data files
- Set up appropriate boundary and initial conditions based on available data
- Control grid settings throughout the computational domain
- Set up fuel injection via spray modeling
- Set up detailed chemical kinetics for accurate combustion and emissions modeling
- Set up wall heat transfer modeling in CONVERGE and output heat transfer quantities for thermal analysis
- Set up additional modeling options such as turbulence and sources
- Run CONVERGE and monitor your simulation
- Post-process results in CONVERGE Studio
Surface Preparation with CONVERGE Studio for IC Engines
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THIS COURSE
This course is intended for all new users interested in using CONVERGE for IC Engine modeling. This course can also be used as a refresher for experienced or occasional users of previous versions of CONVERGE. This course will not cover surface preparation.