At Convergent Science, we are making truly predictive CFD an everyday reality. We find it exciting to package decades of computational development and expertise into a practical and accessible engineering tool. We nurture a culture of scientific inquiry and professional curiosity, with an eye toward expanding the breadth and depth of our modeling capability and simulation applicability.
We have seen steady growth over the last decade, and we continue to seek fresh talent to help us bring our innovative products to more of the CFD community. Interested in joining us? We encourage you to apply. Job postings are updated frequently.
Convergent Science specializes in modeling turbulent reacting flows using our CONVERGE CFD software. CONVERGE is loaded with state of the art physical models for turbulence, spray, conjugate heat transfer, fluid structure interaction, optimization and combustion. CONVERGE is used by over 80% of the world’s internal combustion engine manufacturers. Furthermore, adoption in other industries such as gas turbine combustion, pumps and compressors is growing rapidly.
Title: Motion Graphic Designer / Video Editor
Convergent Science, an innovative and growing software company in the CFD/engineering market, seeks to hire a creative, innovative, and motivated motion graphic designer and video editor in our Pune India office. Our ideal candidate is someone who is skilled at taking a creative vision and marketing message and converting it into a head-turning, engaging visual piece that captivates and holds a viewer while effectively and clearly delivering our message. While your main responsibility would be motion graphic design and video editing, our ideal (but not required) candidate would also be able to work equally well in 2D digital and print design.
We are a small and passionate team inside a global engineering firm. While our content is often highly technical, the creative team produces award-winning design and marketing pieces which inspire our existing users and potential clients. Our marketing team is spread out in offices in Wisconsin, Texas, and Linz Austria, so the ideal candidate must be an excellent communicator who is comfortable collaborating virtually with a geographically diverse team.
We are willing to consider recent or upcoming graduates and entry/mid level designers with 1-3 years of experience for this position. We are looking for a candidate with the following qualifications:
EXPERIENCE AND EXPECTATIONS
- Create intros, outros, lower thirds and graphic bumpers
- Edit and assemble existing raw video footage into a finished project that matches the creative direction from the creative lead
- Create storyboards and rough comps to effectively communicate ideas throughout the process
- Review outlines, scripts, and storyboards to create final product
- Source music to effectively support and enhance overall visual intent of the final piece
- Familiarity and comfort working with an established corporate identity system
- Comfort and familiarity identifying and animating typography not simply for effect but to enhance the overall marketing intent of a piece
- Awareness of composition and balance throughout a motion-based / video piece
- An equal love for 2D static typography and design principals
- A deep understanding of the collaborative process of design
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities and manage time efficiently
- Ability to work effectively and communicate efficiently with a geographically diverse team
- Demonstrated experience and familiarity with the Adobe Suite—in particular, After Effects, Premiere Pro, Photoshop, and Illustrator
PREFERRED (but not required)
- Experience or education in traditional 2D graphic design and typography
- Experience with Blender or other 3D rendering software packages
- An interest in or experience in an engineering, math, science, or technical field
To apply, send the following to Daniel Goscha at [email protected]
- Link to a demo reel which showcases your motion graphic design and video work, and/or a link to your design portfolio
- A well designed cover letter and resume in PDF format which showcases your design and typography skills
Convergent Science is a fast growing company and has been providing CFD services to the automotive and engine industries for over 19 years. Convergent Science has developed a CFD software package, CONVERGE, that is a general CFD code and is ideally suited for internal combustion engine simulations and widely used in the automotive market. Due to its benefits and accuracy however CONVERGE is spreading into new fields of application as well.
For the location in Europe (Austria), we are seeking full-time engineers to support, train and perform consulting services for our clients.
What we offer:
- Being part of a stable and fast growing company
- Dynamic team in a great working environment
- Technically challenging and interesting job
- Highly diverse simulation topics / areas of application
- Highly attractive salary
- M.S. or Ph.D. in mechanical engineering or related field
- Extensive CFD knowledge
- Knowledge of internal combustion engine simulations is a plus
- Combustion, turbulence, and spray modeling knowledge is a plus
- Chemical Kinetics background is a plus
- Background in MPI and C programming is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Very good English skills necessary
- Additional languages, e.g. German, French, Italian, Swedish, Spanish are a plus
- Client on-site visits and conference attendance will be required from time to time – applicants should be willing to travel
- In addition to the technical knowledge required for this position, applicants should be outgoing, creative and highly motivated
Interested applicants should send their resume and salary requirements to [email protected]d.com.
Title: Documentation Engineer
How would you improve the following sentence from a computational fluid dynamics (CFD) user manual?
“In this present chapter, a description of the purpose of using the various different liquid spray breakup modeling techniques now available in the current CONVERGE code for the purposes of simulating the breakup of particles of a liquid nature in the domain can be found.”
Do you have great attention to detail? Are you adept at turning verbose and complicated thoughts into short, clear sentences? Do you have the technical aptitude to learn the basics of CFD? Do you enjoy learning new engineering modeling software?
If you shortened the user manual sentence above by at least 50% and answered “yes” to all of the questions above, you might be a great addition to the Documentation Team here at Convergent Science. This position includes creation of both technical documentation (e.g., user manuals and training materials) and marketing documentation (e.g., blog posts, white papers, and website copy) for our clients and prospective clients.
This job posting is for a full-time position at our Madison, Wisconsin headquarters.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in STEM field and technical writing experience OR writing-related Bachelor’s degree (or higher) and a strong STEM background are required
- Ability to learn our graphical user interface-based CFD software is required
- Knowledge of and experience with CFD is desirable
- Experience using CFD software or other engineering-related software is strongly recommended
- Expertise in Microsoft (Word, PowerPoint) and Google (Docs, Sheets) products is required
- Experience creating instructional videos is desirable
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Possible annual bonus
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- 401k with employer match
- Health and dental insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance and life insurance
Your application must include all of the following items:
- Cover letter
- Revised version of the sample user manual excerpt above
- Two samples of your technical writing
- Salary requirements
Questions? Please contact Katie Beutel ([email protected] or (608) 230-1530). Please email your application to Katie.
Title: Technical Account Manager
Convergent Science is looking for an ambitious technical account manager to help expand the usage of CONVERGE in Europe. The position will require a self-motivated individual eager to work with existing customers to maximize the value CONVERGE provides the organization. Additionally, this individual will explore opportunities to introduce CONVERGE CFD software into new companies for a wide spectrum of applications (IC engine and non-IC engine).
Client visits, sample problem solution, presentation creation, generation of marketing material, attending trade shows, conducting software training, providing technical sales support and negotiating licensing options will all be required on a regular basis.
This position will be located in Linz, Austria.
- Master’s degree or Ph.D. in Mechanical or Aerospace engineering or a related discipline
- At least two years of training or work experience with computational fluid dynamics (CFD)
- At least 2 years experience working with customers in a sales setting for CAE software.
Knowledge of any of the following applications is a plus:
- internal combustion engine fundamentals
- engine after-treatment (SCR/Urea) systems
Interested applicants should send their resume and salary requirements to [email protected]