At Convergent Science, we are making truly predictive CFD an everyday reality. We find it exciting to package decades of computational development and expertise into a practical and accessible engineering tool. We nurture a culture of scientific inquiry and professional curiosity, with an eye toward expanding the breadth and depth of our modeling capability and simulation applicability.
We have seen steady growth over the last decade, and we continue to seek fresh talent to help us bring our innovative products to more of the CFD community. Interested in joining us? We encourage you to apply. Job postings are updated frequently.
Convergent Science specializes in modeling turbulent reacting flows using our CONVERGE CFD software. CONVERGE is loaded with state of the art physical models for turbulence, spray, conjugate heat transfer, fluid structure interaction, optimization and combustion. CONVERGE is used by over 80% of the world’s internal combustion engine manufacturers. Furthermore, adoption in other industries such as gas turbine combustion, pumps and compressors is growing rapidly.
For more than 20 years, Convergent Science has provided computational fluid dynamics (CFD) software and consulting services to the global engineering community. Our flagship product, CONVERGE CFD software, automatically creates the mesh at runtime, thus eliminating all user meshing time, even for complicated geometries with moving boundaries.
We are currently seeking a software developer in our headquarters, located in Madison, WI. This position will involve developing tools using C++ and Python. You will develop a cross-platform 3D modeling front-end application for our computational fluid dynamics (CFD) solver using the latest software development methodologies and tools. You will also extend and enhance established products written in C++ with Qt4/5 and its Python wrapper.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Work closely with cross-functional teams (solver, GUI, research, and support team) in requirements gathering and software design.
- Resolve high-level design and functional issues.
- Code your own design in C, C++, and Python.
- Assist in supporting various Test and Design Engineering activities.
Required Qualities and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent or related field.
- Experience developing C++ based applications.
- Good knowledge of graphical user interface (GUI) programming in Qt4/5.
- Good knowledge of data structure, design patterns, UML, and Git.
- Preferably prior experience in OpenGL and software development using LINUX platform.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work independently and as a team.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, and we are accepting applications from recent graduates. Interested applicants should send their resume and salary requirements.
Technical Sales/Technical Account Manager (Pumps and Compressors)
For more than 20 years, Convergent Science has provided computational fluid dynamics (CFD) software and consulting services to the global engineering community. Our flagship product, CONVERGE CFD software, automatically creates the mesh at runtime, thus eliminating all user meshing time, even for complicated geometries with moving boundaries. Historically, CONVERGE has been widely used for applications such as internal combustion engines and gas turbine combustors.
A rapidly growing area at Convergent Science is modeling pumps and compressors, and CONVERGE is ideally suited to this application. We are seeking an additional Technical Account Manager to help expand our business in the pump and compressor market. This position will involve client visits, creating and giving presentations, attending trade shows, arranging software trainings and negotiating license terms. This position is located in the United Kingdom or in Linz, Austria, and this person will report to the Director of European Sales.
What we offer
- Generous commission on software sales
- Stable and fast-growing company
- Dynamic team in a great working environment
- Challenging and interesting job
- Highly diverse simulation topics
- Master’s degree or Ph.D. in mechanical, chemical or aerospace engineering
- At least two years of work experience with CFD
- Knowledge of operating principles and CFD modeling of pumps and compressors
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Very good English skills (additional languages such as German, French, Italian, Swedish or Spanish are a plus)
- Willingness to travel extensively
- Outgoing, creative and highly self-motivated
- Experience working with customers in a sales setting for CAE software is a plus
Dr. Rainer Rothbauer, Director of European Sales
Interested applicants should send their resume and salary requirements to the email address listed above.