At Convergent Science, we are making truly predictive CFD an everyday reality. We find it exciting to package decades of computational development and expertise into a practical and accessible engineering tool. We nurture a culture of scientific inquiry and professional curiosity, with an eye toward expanding the breadth and depth of our modeling capability and simulation applicability.
We have seen steady growth over the last decade, and we continue to seek fresh talent to help us bring our innovative products to more of the CFD community. Interested in joining us? We encourage you to apply. Job postings are updated frequently.
Convergent Science specializes in modeling turbulent reacting flows using our CONVERGE CFD software. CONVERGE is loaded with state of the art physical models for turbulence, spray, conjugate heat transfer, fluid structure interaction, optimization and combustion. CONVERGE is used by over 80% of the world’s internal combustion engine manufacturers. Furthermore, adoption in other industries such as gas turbine combustion, pumps and compressors is growing rapidly.
Title: MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS WRITER
Are you an excellent writer? Are you adept at turning verbose and scientifically complex ideas into compelling stories and easy-to-understand marketing copy? Are you passionate about science, engineering, and computer software?
If you answered “yes” to all of the questions above, you might be a great addition to the Convergent Science Documentation team. Our company develops, sells, and supports the leading computational fluid dynamics (CFD) software used by design engineers in the internal combustion engine market and beyond.
We’re looking for a marketing communications writer who can help us communicate with clients and potential clients. This writer will create clear, compelling, and technically accurate marketing copy for print and digital media (including web, social media, email, press releases, conference brochures, and sell sheets). You will work closely with both the Documentation and Marketing teams, and you should be comfortable talking to subject matter experts across the company.
This job posting is for a full-time position at our Madison, Wisconsin headquarters.
- Bachelor’s degree in a writing-intensive STEM or creative field
- Meticulous and efficient writer
- Ability to adapt style and message depending on audience and medium
- Willingness and ability to learn basic technical information about our CFD software
- Basic knowledge of marketing writing, social media, and SEO
- Willingness and ability to increase knowledge of marketing-related topics
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Possible annual bonus
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- 401k with employer match
- Health and dental insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance and life insurance
Your application must include all of the following items:
- Cover letter
- Two samples of your writing
- Salary requirements
Questions? Please contact Katie Beutel ([email protected] or (608) 230-1530). Please email your application to Katie.
Convergent Science is an innovative, rapidly expanding computational fluid dynamics software company. Our flagship product, CONVERGE, is a revolutionary CFD software with truly autonomous meshing capabilities that eliminate the grid generation bottleneck from the simulation process. Convergent Science is headquartered in Madison, Wisconsin, and has offices in the United States, Europe, and India.
Title: Motion Graphic Designer / Video Editor
Convergent Science, an innovative and growing software company in the CFD/engineering market, seeks to hire a creative, innovative, and motivated motion graphic designer and video editor in our Madison, WI office. Our ideal candidate is someone who is skilled at taking a creative vision and marketing message and converting it into a head-turning, engaging visual piece that captivates and holds a viewer while effectively and clearly delivering our message. While your main responsibility would be motion graphic design and video editing, our ideal (but not required) candidate would also be able to work equally well in 2D digital and print design.
We are a small and passionate team inside a global engineering firm. While our content is often highly technical, the creative team produces award-winning design and marketing pieces which inspire our existing users and potential clients. Our marketing team is spread out in offices in Wisconsin, Texas, and Linz Austria, so the ideal candidate must be an excellent communicator who is comfortable collaborating virtually with a geographically diverse team.
We are willing to consider recent or upcoming graduates and entry level designers with 1-3 years of experience for this position. We are looking for a candidate with the following qualifications:
EXPERIENCE AND EXPECTATIONS
- Create intros, outros, lower thirds and graphic bumpers
- Edit and assemble existing raw video footage into a finished project that matches the creative direction from the creative lead
- Create storyboards and rough comps to effectively communicate ideas throughout the process
- Review outlines, scripts, and storyboards to create final product
- Source music to effectively support and enhance overall visual intent of the final piece
- Familiarity and comfort working with an established corporate identity system
- Comfort and familiarity identifying and animating typography not simply for effect but to enhance the overall marketing intent of a piece
- Awareness of composition and balance throughout a motion-based / video piece
- An equal love for 2D static typography and design principals
- A deep understanding of the collaborative process of design
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities and manage time efficiently
- Ability to work effectively and communicate efficiently with a geographically diverse team
- Demonstrated experience and familiarity with the Adobe Suite—in particular, After Effects, Premiere Pro, Photoshop, and Illustrator
PREFERRED (but not required)
- Experience or education in traditional 2D graphic design and typography
- Experience with Blender or other 3D rendering software packages
- An interest in or experience in an engineering, math, science, or technical field
To apply, send the following to Daniel Goscha at [email protected]
- Link to a demo reel which showcases your motion graphic design and video work, and/or a link to your design portfolio.
- A well designed cover letter and resume in PDF format which showcases your design and typography skills. Please include your salary requirements in your cover letter.