At Convergent Science, we are making truly predictive CFD an everyday reality. We find it exciting to package decades of computational development and expertise into a practical and accessible engineering tool. We nurture a culture of scientific inquiry and professional curiosity, with an eye toward expanding the breadth and depth of our modeling capability and simulation applicability.
We have seen steady growth over the last decade, and we continue to seek fresh talent to help us bring our innovative products to more of the CFD community. Interested in joining us? We encourage you to apply. Job postings are updated frequently.
Convergent Science specializes in modeling turbulent reacting flows using our CONVERGE CFD software. CONVERGE is loaded with state-of-the-art physical models for turbulence, spray, conjugate heat transfer, fluid-structure interaction, optimization, and combustion. CONVERGE is used by over 80% of the world’s internal combustion engine manufacturers. Furthermore, adoption in other industries such as gas turbine combustion, pumps, and compressors is growing rapidly.
For more than 20 years, Convergent Science has provided computational fluid dynamics (CFD) software and consulting services to the global engineering community. Our flagship product, CONVERGE CFD software, automatically creates the mesh at runtime, thus eliminating all user meshing time, even for complicated geometries with moving boundaries.
We are currently seeking a software developer in our headquarters, located in Madison, WI. This position will involve developing tools using C++ and Python. You will develop a cross-platform 3D modeling front-end application for our computational fluid dynamics (CFD) solver using the latest software development methodologies and tools. You will also extend and enhance established products written in C++ with Qt4/5 and its Python wrapper.
Duties include (but are not limited to)
- Work closely with cross-functional teams (solver, GUI, research, and support team) in requirements gathering and software design.
- Resolve high-level design and functional issues.
- Code your own design in C, C++, and Python.
- Assist in supporting various Test and Design Engineering activities.
Required Qualities and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent or related field.
- Experience developing C++ based applications.
- Good knowledge of graphical user interface (GUI) programming in Qt4/5.
- Good knowledge of data structure, design patterns, UML, and Git.
- Preferably prior experience in OpenGL and software development using LINUX platform.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work independently and as a team.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, and we are accepting applications from recent graduates. Interested applicants should send their resume and salary requirements.